Sunday, September 16, 2012

Double Digits!

Last night we took Mac out for her birthday as a family. I can't believe that I have a child that is turning 10!!! How did this happen? How did we reach double digits and how did she get so old so fast (AND how did I get this old;).

Mac wanted to go to a "Hawaiian Style" restaurant but didn't want actual Hawaiian food, so we drove down by the beach and drove around until we found the perfect restaurant. We ate dinner at a place called the Tiki Lounge, it had outdoor seating in a lush garden area and live music. We got nachos,  Hawaiian style pizza, and a Philly sand which, it as really yummy. The kids all got POG to drink, it is their favorite Hawaiian juice. The restaurant was attached to some outdoor Hawaiian shops so Court took Mac to pick out a little birthday gift. She found a cute  ukalalie with flowers on it.

After dinner we went to an outdoor roller skating rink at the beach park. They only had roller blades which made it a little hard for the kids since they have only been a few times. J-man was toast after about 15 min. Luckily they gave us our money back for his and my skates, so Court skated with the girls and J-man and I took the baby next door to the skate park to watch the skaters. Watching all the skate boarders sure made me miss my brother Jake.

It was a really fun night celebrating our beautiful girl! I can't believe it has been ten years already since that precious girl was placed in our arms, making us parents, and changing our lives forever! I am so grateful that Heavenly Father sent her to us.


No comments: