Thursday, November 3, 2011

Attitude of Gratitude


Wow, 2 posts in one day, I'm on a roll! My post earlier was actually done from my phone, while in bed, feeding the baby!!! My hubby bought me a new phone last week for my new job. I really thought having Internet on my phone at first was silly, but WOW it has seriously come in handy. I get so much done while I am nursing (LOL)... scripture reading, checking emails, keeping up with my calendar, etc... etc...

I will be starting my new job in a few weeks. I am excited and nervous!! I am going to be assisting the owner of a salon downtown. I am extremely excited about the opportunity to learn from such an amazing stylist and salon owner. It is a perfect schedule for me since it is just 2 days a week, 8 hours total. I know everything with juggling the kids between Court and I, etc... will work out, it's just a little nerve wracking thinking about adding something more to our already busy schedule.

The past few days I have had the 'Holiday's' on my mind quite a bit. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the Holiday's but normally I am not thinking about them much in advance. This year I am especially looking forward to the Holiday's because I want to do my best to make them memorable and special. I want to have a fun Christmas for my kids, but more importantly I want the Spirit of the Season to fill our hearts and home. I have learned so much this year about what is TRULY important in life after the sudden loss of my brother Jake. I feel like I have a broader perspective on life and more Eternal goals. My brothers death has been the biggest trial I have faced in my life (and I have had my share of not pleasant trials in the past) and the grief that has followed his death has often been very overwhelming and painful. The past few months I have felt and recognized the Lords hand in my life on such a deeper level. I would have never chosen loosing my brother for me to learn these lessons and to grow closer to my Father in Heaven and Savior Jesus Christ, but I am so grateful that something positive has come out of such a tragedy. This Holiday Season I want to teach my children the TRUE meaning of Christmas. I want to teach them what it means to be Thankful, Charitable, Joyful, and Christlike. This year I am excited for the service our family is going to give and we can be an instrument in the Lords hands.

I have lots of ideas of how our family is going to GIVE this season and I am excited to see it all come together. I am working on putting together a fundraiser in my brother Jake's name as well, I am still working on all of the details, but I know with the help of family and friends it will be an amazing way to honor my brother on our first Christmas without him.

The girls just got home from school and I can hear them playing downstairs with J-man, so that's my que to get off the computer and go enjoy my children :). I promised the girls a Thanks Giving craft today, I have no idea what we are going to do, but we'll come up with something!!

ps- Before I forget for journaling sake, J. decided to eat his yogurt this morning with a medicine dispenser. It was quite funny. I was feeding the baby in my bed and he kept bringing me my "medicine" in bed. Pretty creative way to eat yogurt if you ask me!

1 comment:

Jeni said...

Such a beautiful post. Thank you for all your little spiritual reminders. They are amazing. It was wonderful to see you and your family last month!