Friday, August 13, 2010

"I've got an itch"...

TO DECORATE!!! Decorating is my all time favorite hobby, bar none! My sister-in-law and I drove around Salt Lake today looking for homes for her and my brother. Whenever I look at homes I always end up thinking about how I would decorate them. Our house(s) have had the same "look" for quite a few years now. I really do love my furniture and decorations, but when the time comes to move I would like to graduate our current stuff to being the rec-room/basement furniture and decor. I am ready to do something totally different in my next living room and kitchen. We still have a few months left on our lease and will probably stay longer so that the girls wont have to move schools mid-year, but I'm not letting that stop me from getting my creative juices flowing... it can't hurt to look around and have an idea of what I would like to do.

Here is a picture of some of my current furniture and decor (except this was taken in our home in Kansas City)
I am thinking for our next house I would really like to go A LOT funkier! Brighter colors and more modern furniture. This is way outside of the box for me but I think it would be fun to decorate totally differently to have a fresh change. This is all day dreaming here, but here a few things I like...

* Lots of my furniture is really dark wood or black, so I want to go with white furniture for sure!

*I love damask, I think accenting with black and yellow could be really fun!*I LOVE RED!!! I have always wanted a BRIGHT red sofa :)





Well enough day dreaming for now! TOMORROW I will be hard at work on my TO-DO LIST, got to get goin' school starts so soon!!!

No comments: