Tuesday, August 17, 2010

New Rule!

I have made a NEW RULE for myself... no Internet, tv, phone, or ELECTRONICS of any kind until I have said my morning prayer and read my scriptures for the day!!! Sadly prayer and scripture study seems to always get put further and further back on my daily to-do list, I don't like this and I don't want this! It isn't that I am wasting my time on the computer, etc... but when I do get a free minute from my busy days of mothering I almost always hop on the computer to check blogs, face book, etc... I want what little free time I do have to be spent in more productive ways, thus my new rule :)
Tonight I was studying in Doctrine & Covenants Chapter 35 and these Scriptures really spoke to me...

24) Keep all the commandments and covenants by which ye are bound; and I will cause the heavens to shake for your good, and Satan shall tremble and Zion shall rejoice upon the hills and flourish;

25) And Israel shall be saved in mine own due time; and by the keys which I have given shall they be led, and no more be confounded at all.

26) Lift up your hearts and be glad, your redemption draweth nigh.

27) Fear not, little flock, the kingdom is yours until I come. Behold, I come quickly. Even so. Amen.
To learn more about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints please visit www.mormon.org

1 comment:

Michaela Stephens said...

Good for you! This has been one of my personal rules for a few years. I started reading scriptures every day on my own when I was a senior in high school, but at that time I always read them just before I went to bed. I think my second year of college I decided to start reading them first thing in the morning and it seemed to help me even more.