Friday, September 24, 2010

Stopping To Smell The Roses...



Photos taken by Jodi Gallagher
Life has been super crazy lately for our family and it is going to continue to be that way for SEVERAL more months:( ! When I get busy, I get stressed, and STRESSED and me do not go together well. I am trying to remind myself to slow down, not stress about the little things, and focus on what really matters. I wish this wasn't so hard for me to do! Being a stay-at-home mom by day and a student 20 hours a week at night can make life pretty stressful at times. I don't regret going back to school, I KNOW that this is something that I needed to do for myself and for my family, but WOW it is seriously hard to juggle everything. Sometimes I will look around the house and think to myself, 'why can't I get everything done that I use to'. THEN I have to remind myself that I basically have the equivalent of a part-time job right now and it would be hard for most people to keep up with everything.

Yesterday I made sure that I had individual time with all of the kids. I took my little man to the library for story time while the girls were at school, made cookies and snuggled and read books with my 5 year old, and did homework and reading with my eight year old. It felt so good to give each of them the individual time and attention they need and deserve. I love my kids so much and it is SO hard to leave them at night to go to school! I love being at school, I love learning, I love all of the girls there, and I especially LOVE being a hair stylist and making people feel great about themselves... BUT I can't wait for the day when I can go back to being a full-time mommy, it is the hardest, most rewarding job in the world!

No comments: