Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Our Missionary...


*Please feel free to click on the "What I Believe" button on the side bar to learn more about our families Faith, what we Believe, and why we can find Peace and Happiness amidst this tragedy we are facing*



I read a blog today of one of our cute friends daughters from Kansas City. Her missionary just got home and her pictures and story were darling. I am so excited for her! Not too many couples make it through those 2 years apart. I cant wait to see what the future holds for them. It is such a cute love story!

In the last year whenever I have seen missionaries around town I have instantly thought, "Jake would be such a great missionary, I really hope he decides to go." A few months before Jake turned 19 he told our family that he had decided not to serve a mission. He was an incredibly talented skateboarder and had even gotten sponsored. At the time he felt like he wanted to stay home and pursue his skateboarding career. Over the past year it has been very clear that Jake regretted his decision to not go on a mission. I never in a million years thought that this would be the way that he would serve his mission, but I truly believe that he will be a missionary on the other side. I know that Jake has a testimony of the Gospel, that he loves the Lord, and that he will have the opportunity to serve and teach those who were not blessed with the knowledge of the gospel in this life.

I wish so badly that he was only going to be gone for two years. That seems so much more bearable. I can only imagine what an incredible day it will be when our entire family is re-united once again.

(My dad, Jake, and Devon before General Priesthood, sorry guys not the greatest pic :)

This is the song that was sung at Jake's funeral, it is a special version of "I am a Child of God" written for parents who have lost a child...

I am a child of God and He has called me home.
My earthly journey's through but still, I do not walk alone.
He leads me, guides me, walks beside me, helps me find the way.
He welcomed me with open arms. I live with Him today.


I am a child of God and I have gone ahead.
My earthly life was brief but oh, such peace and love you gave.
You loved me, held me, stood beside me and though I cannot stay.
You gave me much to help me and I live with Him today.


I am a child of God and I will wait for you.
Celestial glory shall be ours, if you can but endure.
I'll lead you, guide you, walk beside you.
Help you find the way.
I'll welcome you with open arms
One bright Celestial day.

2 comments:

Noma Walton said...

Brittany, I don't know if you remember me. I was your primary teacher when you were 10-11 years old in the Crestmoor Ward in Denver. My husband was in dental school, and I was probably about 23 years old when your family moved to Cody. You were so sweet and cute in Primary! Your parents were so much fun--we used to go to many of the same parties. We had a party at our apartment one evening, and I remember Jake sleeping in his car seat in the back bedroom through the whole thing. I'm FB friends with your mom, and my heart has broken as I've read of Jake's death, but I've been inspired watching all of you put your testimonies into motion. I came across your blog, and you are every mother's dream come true. What a beautiful woman you are, inside and out! Love, Noma Walton

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for your loss. The song is beautiful. I lost my only pregnancy and that song will comfort me. (((Hugs))) Karen Irwin, Washington State.