Friday, July 29, 2011

Waves of Grief...


I shared this on my brothers memorial page this morning...

He Came For Us... by Michael G. Facer

When Jesus Christ was on the earth so many years ago,
He taught our Heav'n-ly Father's plan for children here below.
He came for us; He died for us--All to fulfill our Father's plan.
On Calvary, Gethsemane. He sacrificed that we might live again.

Through parables, with simple words, He said, "come, follow me,"
That we might now have joy on earth and live eternally.
He came for us; He died for us--All to fulfill our Father's plan.
On Calvary, Gethsemane. He sacrificed that we might live again.

That Easter morn, disciples ran to see where Jesus lay;
And there they saw a miracle: The stone was rolled away!
He came for us; He died for us--All to fulfill our Father's plan.
On Calvary, Gethsemane. He sacrificed that we might live again.

I was thinking this morning about how greif comes in waves. I googled a picture of waves on the beach, when I clicked on the picture it took me to a blog of a mother who recently lost her son, she shared this song on her blog. As I was reading the song I really pondered the line that says.. "He sacrificed that we might live again". I have an UNSHAKEABLE FAITH that if we will follow our Savior, we WILL live again. I KNOW that Jake is not gone, his spirit lives on, he is on the other side, working, serving, and teaching those that did not have the knowledge of our Heavenly Fathers plan here on earth. I KNOW I will be with Jake again, that our family will someday be whole again. The last few weeks I have done pretty well, but today not so much, grief most definitely comes in waves and today, for me the tide is very high, but I know if I lean on the Lord for comfort and depend on him that I can get through today and all of the hard days to come. I LOVE YOU JAKE, I MISS YOU TERRIBLY, I WISH I COULD GO PICK YOU UP AND SPEND THE DAY WITH YOU... I WISH HEAVEN WASN'T SO FAR AWAY!!!

No comments: