Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Soda Free!


One of Court and I's New Years resolutions this year is to be soda free for an entire year. We have a bet going to see who can make it the longest! He went six months last year and did great. He lost a lot of weight (with a healthy diet and exercise as well). We aren't big soda drinkers, but we definitely like to swing by the gas station on the weekends for a soda or two! This year we are also trying to eat MUCH healthier. We are trying to make a lifestyle change and not just go "organic" because it is a popular thing to do right now.

I really didn't think cutting out soda would be that hard for me since I have never been a big soda drinker. Well, I tell you what, it has been harder then I thought! On the weekends or when I have had a long day with the kiddos I REALLY want to stop off for a Cherry Coke (my soda of choice:). We've almost made it a month now, just eleven more months to go!!!

Court and I have a BIG bet going between us on this one. If I can make it the whole year (assuming he doesn't) I get $1,000 to go to New York or San Fransisco to take advanced hair cutting/styling classes! If Court can make it the whole year (assuming I don't) then he gets $1,000 towards new golf clubs. Now if we BOTH make it the whole year, we split the $1,000 and each get $500 to save for these things. I am pretty competitive when it comes to going up against my hubby. I REALLY want to beat him. I am pretty sure I want to beat him more then I want soda and more then I want the classes :). He knows this and I think that is making him want to WIN even more as well! Either way, we'll be healthier for this so I see it as a win, win. If we both make it the whole year then that will be even better because we will have learned to go with out something and learned self discipline!

1 comment:

thepainterfamily said...

i love that you guys are competing but you both really win either way.

(money and health!!)

I am going to show David the Soda poster...he's the soda drinker in this family! :)